WELCOME TO THE DIARY OF A DREAMER.
My name is Jenn, a mid-20’s girl from Texas and Florida. I currently reside in Fayetteville, North Carolina (yet again) with my husband Lee and our cat Elenor. I am a veteran of the U.S. Army who was medically retired after 5.5 years. I served as an Air Traffic Controller and spent 2 years at Fort Bragg, NC, a year in Afghanistan, and 20 months in Germany. I currently wear many hats in my life because I don't know how to NOT be busy. I am once again a student (college this time), a Virtual Assistant, and am pursuing a Bachelors in Business, as well as a full time crafter/blogger.
Some things about me:
1. Although I've been interested in crafting for years. I dabble in several different types of crafts including card making, pocket scrapbooking, various forms of memory keeping, photography, sewing, and painting.
2. I have 11 tattoos and a half sleeve. I plan on getting more. And eventually finishing my half-sleeve.
3. I am quite a nerd. The list of things I love is quite extensive... and deserves a post of it's own I think. Here is a little taste though. Harry Potter, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Batman, the Avengers, J.R.R. Tolkien, anything Halloween, Disney, Pixar, and many more.
4. I love to cook and the unbelievable part is I didn't care for it until I was 18 years old. My favorite thing to do is make yummy meals for friends and family. "Family dinners" with our closest friends are a thing in our house.
5. I joined the Army on the delayed entry program in February 2010. I went to basic in July of 2010, and have spent the next 5.5 years of my life at Fort Bragg, Afghanistan, and Germany. While I am sad that my time in the military ended (31 December 2015), I am excited to move on to the next part of my life and see what it brings.
6. I have always had a love of photography and a history of terrible memory. In 2014, those two aspects of my life came together in the form of pocket scrapbooking when I discovered two lovely ladies: Ali Edwards and Kristin Tweedale. It's all been history since then. I make an effort to focus on documenting memories, big and small, in any way that I see fit.
7. I am a Spoonie. This means that I suffer from a chronic neuromuscular nerve pain disorder called Fibromyalgia, I have Degenerative Disk Disease, GERD, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and the most recent addition to my list is Rosacea.
8. I like to read and I take copious amounts of notes. I have a crappy memory sometimes, so I work best off of notes. I have a TON of notebooks laying around, full of various things. If you ever see me in public with a bag, there is a good bet that I have at least one notebook with me. :) It also helps with a disorganized brain. My newest (since May 2015) obsession with this is the bullet journal!
9. My better half is a medic in the US Army and the drummer of a local band. They have high hopes to make a living of it. I would love for his... their dream to come true for them. We got married at the beginning of 2017 and it has been an adventure ever since.
10. I have sometimes odd tastes in music: I love rock, country, Disney, and musicals.
So please send me an email, leave me a comment, or hit me up on social media. I would love to get to know you and make new friends. Thank you for stopping by!!