WELCOME TO THE DIARY OF A DREAMER.
My name is Jenn, a mid-20’s girl from Texas and Florida. I currently reside in Fayetteville, North Carolina (yet again). I am a veteran of the U.S. Army who was medically retired after 5.5 years. I served as an Air Traffic Controller and spent 2 years at Fort Bragg, NC, a year in Afghanistan, and 20 months in Germany. I am once again a student (college this time), a Virtual Assistant, and am pursuing a Bachelors in Business as well as a full time traveling photographer.
Some things about me:
1. Although I've been interested in scrapbooking for years, I really didn't give it a chance until Christmas of 2014, where I really got hooked because of December Daily. Since then it has been an on-again-off-again love with the craft, and my goal now is to integrate it more into my life.
2. I have 11 tattoos and a half sleeve. I plan on getting more. And finishing my half-sleeve.
3. I am quite a nerd. The list of things I love is quite extensive... and deserves a post of it's own I think. Here is a little taste though. Harry Potter, Criminal Minds, NCIS, Batman, the Avengers, J.R.R. Tolkien, Disney, Pixar, and many more.
4. I love to cook and the unbelievable part is I didn't care for it until I was 18 years old. My favorite thing to do is bake yummy deserts and also bake chicken.
5. I joined the Army on the delayed entry program in February 2010. I went to basic in July of 2010, and have spent the next 5.5 years of my life at Fort Bragg, Afghanistan, and Germany. While I am sad that my time in the military ended (31 December 2015), I am excited to move on to the next part of my life and see what it brings.
6. I am an avid crafter. I dabble in several different crafts: sewing, drawing, painting, crochet, and various forms of memory keeping.
7. I am a Spoonie. This means that I suffer from a chronic neuromuscular nerve pain disorder called Fibromyalgia, I have Degenerative Disk Disease, GERD, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and the most recent addition to my list is Rosacea.
8. I like to read and I take copious amounts of notes. I have a crappy memory sometimes, so I work best off of notes. So I have a TON of notebooks laying around, full of various things. If you ever see me in public with a bag, there is a good bet that I have at least one notebook with me. :) It also helps with a disorganized brain.
9. My better half is the drummer of a local band and they have high hopes to make a living of it. During shows I do the photography and run the merch table.
10. I have sometimes odd tastes in music: I love rock, country, Disney, and musicals.
So please send me an email, leave me a comment, or hit me up on social media. I would love to get to know you and make new friends. Thank you for stopping by!!